📍Hi! I'm Mika. I'm currently:
- in New York
- working on Parallax.to
- writing about startup lessons
- reading Who: The A Method of Hiring
- creating content for my users (soon)
- binge-watching White Lotus
- listening to the click-clack of my mechanical keyboard
- addicted to product-market fit
✨ Building something new in fintech & web3, specifically giving financial superpowers to global professionals in emerging markets @ parallax.to
💼 Previously product lead @ LinkedIn Jobs, Kumu & Ripcord through the KPCB Product Fellowship. I started the Filip[in]os @ LinkedIn group & was a Women in Product executive member.
🎓 I graduated B.A. Economics, Psychology, Data Analysis from Wesleyan University, Phi Beta Kappa & a summa cum laude. I'm a proud Philippine Science High School scholar.
🇵🇭 I'm most passionate about broadening access through tech in emerging markets like my home, the Philippines & in the rest of S.E. Asia. On the side, I work(ed) on a virtual startup incubator for emerging markets, & launched a fun social card game.
⚡ Nowadays, I'm overloading on coffee & obsessing over payments. Any interesting ideas in web3, fintech and cross-border payments? Send me a note at email@example.com.
- Create meaningful impact for women in tech (esp. founders).
- Grow technology economies in emerging markets (especially the Philippines).
- Establish a beach resort in the Philippines.
- Start and run a coffee shop.
- Start and run something like Studio Dance Club (dance classes by day, dance parties by night complete with dance instructors.)
- Bring crypto to the forefronts in a meaningful way, ideally addressing needs in global, emerging markets.
- Buy a home or pay for a trip for my parents.
Teach a class. [done]Teach a class full-time
- Achieve the freedom to learn and dive deep into anything I want.
Last updated @January 21, 2023